After Submitting ContributionsEdit
Please note that not every contribution will be accepted. Even contributions that we do accept might not be implemented for a long time, especially in the case of art.
- a Contributor Achievement Badge, non-stackable, on the first contribution
- a Contributor Title, which identifies the type of contribution made
- a Contributor Tier, which increases with each set of submissions
- a Reward that depends on the Tier earned
- a permanent increase in your drop chance bonus subtotal of 2.5% for each Tier earned
- a permanent increase in your drop-cap by 1 for each Tier earned.
Players who contribute more than one kind of contribution will be given the appropriate Title for each kind.
When you have been awarded a Tier, your name will be highlighted in the appropriate color in all chat areas. When a player hovers over your name, your Title(s) will appear. Your Tier, Titles, and Achievement Badge are also displayed on your profile.
Titles, Tiers, and Rewards are assigned at the discretion of Habitica staff. They reserve the right to change the specific Titles, Tiers, and Rewards at their discretion.
|Player Name Highlight||Contributor Tier||
|Contributor Reward||Gems |
|1||Community Helpers/1st set of submissions integrated||Habitica Contributor's Achievement Badge!||3|
|2||SECOND set of submissions integrated||Contributor Armor!||3|
|3||THIRD set of submissions integrated||Contributor Helmet!||3|
|4||FOURTH set of submissions integrated||Contributor Sword!||4|
|5||FIFTH set of submissions integrated||Contributor Shield!||4|
|6||SIXTH set of submissions integrated||Contributor Pet!||4|
|7||SEVENTH set of submissions integrated||Member of the honored Contributor's Guild, privy to behind-the-scenes details of Habitica.||4|
|Moderator||Has some admin privileges and moderates in the Tavern.|
The "set of submissions" required for each tier depends on the type of contribution. For example, to gain a Blacksmith tier, you would need to submit all changes required to implement one feature or fix one bug, with higher tiers requiring larger features/bugs or more sets of submissions. To gain a tier for wiki contributions, you would need to have made a suitable number of high quality wiki improvements. You must meet the criteria for the overall tier you are requesting, even if your previous tier was based on another type of contribution; this is so that specialists do not have a more difficult job than generalists.
Rarely, a tier 7 contributor who has continued to offer vital improvements to the site will be offered a free subscription for life. This is awarded only in special cases and only at the discretion of the staff.
Contributor Achievement BadgeEdit
The contributor badge icon was changed in Fall 2015, due to a user pointing out that it looked too similar to the Firefox logo.
The Hall of HeroesEdit
Contributors are displayed in the Hall of Contributors, ranked by username and contributor Tier, along with their Titles and list of contributions. The Hall is accessed through the Social > Hall menu item (direct link).
Requesting a Contributor Tier Edit
Each category of contribution on Habitica has a specific process for awarding a Contributor Tier. Below is a summary of the processes but for full details about how tiers are judged and how you can apply for them, please see the appropriate Guidance pages.
- Artisans, Bards, and Blacksmiths do not need to do anything special, like complete a Contributor Tier request, to earn Contributor Tiers.
- Scribes and Linguistic Scribes must apply for a Contributor Tier, and are awarded based on the contributions of meaningful content to the wiki. If you are applying for a Linguistic Scribe tier, please note though that due to the problem with monitoring and checking translations, contributor tiers might not be given.
- Linguists must apply for a Contributor Tier.
- Socialites do not need to apply. In fact, there is no nomination process for Socialite tiers. The staff, moderators, and high-level contributors choose who will be awarded based on what they observe.