Every pull request (PR) is given one "status" label. Note that this label system has only recently been implemented so there are still PRs that have not been labeled. They will be labeled soon. We do not need assistance with finding unlabeled PRs.
Every issue is given one "priority" label and one "status" label. An issue might also be given one or more "type" labels if appropriate. Note that this label system has only recently been implemented so there are still issues that have not been labeled. They will be labeled or closed in time. Any issues that are not labeled are fairly likely to be not high priority or are no longer relevant, but if you are uncertain about the status of an issue, you are welcome to comment on it. Currently, we do not need assistance with finding unlabeled issues (in future, we might appreciate that assistance and if so, this note will be updated).
Status of PREdit
Every pull request (PR) is given one "status" label to indicate what stage it is up to. The label will change as necessary.
If you see a PR that you believe has been labeled with an incorrect status, we would appreciate it if you would comment on that PR! If you see a PR that has no status label, please do not notify us - we are still implementing this labeling system and have not yet categorized all PRs.
- the PR is waiting for Habitica's admins to review it.
- the PR is waiting for the contributor to write tests.
- the PR is waiting for the contributor to perform work other than tests (or other work and also tests).
- used by admins to help them manage the release cycle
Status of IssueEdit
Every issue is given one "status" label to indicate what stage its resolution is up to. The label will change as the issue's resolution changes.
If you see an issue that you believe has been labeled with an incorrect status, we would appreciate it if you would comment on that issue! If you see an issue that has no status label, please do not notify us - we are still implementing this labeling system and have not yet categorized all issues (in future, we might appreciate assistance with finding issues that have no "status" and if so, this note will be updated).
- any contributor is welcome to start working on this but when you do, please first comment on the issue! We will then relabel the issue as "in progress" so that other contributors do not also try to work on it.
- an issue that a contributor is currently working on.
- problems that are not yet understood well enough for a fix to be created. If you have any insights into one of these issues, please comment on the issue.
Trello board available through Help > Request a Feature from the Habitica website's menu.- an issue that is being discussed to determine how it should be resolved. Please note that players should not create feature requests in GitHub but instead should use the
- an issue that should not be worked on because it is waiting for something else to happen first (e.g., another issue to be fixed or a project to be completed).
Priority of IssueEdit
Every issue is given one "priority" label to indicate how important it is in relation to all other issues and/or how many players it affects.
Please note that an issue that affects a very small number of players (e.g., a problem with one player's account) will be labeled as "minor", but that does not mean that we will ignore the problem. We will attempt to fix every reported problem if we can or if there is not an easy workaround. Concerns can be expressed on the issue.
Type of Issue or PREdit
"Type" labels are used only for special cases and new ones are rarely created.
- issues that are suitable for new contributors because the fixes are known or believed to be simple.
- issues that require more than a trivial fix but that are probably not very complicated. Occasionally you might find that an issue labelled with this is more complex than we thought. This label might not be applied to all medium level issues so you shouldn't necessarily assume that everything without this label is complex.
- issues with the website's front-end user interface. This label will be deleted when an upcoming website redesign is completed.
- special issues that reoccur frequently or common behaviors that are correct but that some players think are bugs (the latter issues are usually closed since no action is needed but have this label to allow them to be found easily).
Challenge Issue TypesEdit
The "type: challenge" labels are in use temporarily while Habitica's challenge system has several issues. These labels will be deleted when most of the issues have been resolved.
- all challenge issues have this label and also one of the labels below.
- issues that affect the creation or modification of challenges.
- issues that prevent a challenge creator from accurately assessing a challenge's winner or closing the challenge.
- issues affecting challenges that do not fit in to one of the above two categories (typically issues with players joining or leaving or using challenges).