Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
MAY SUBSCRIBER ITEMS, DEVELOPER BLOG POST, GUILD ACHIEVEMENT, AND PARTY SURVEY
May Subscriber Item Set Revealed!
The May Subscriber Item has been revealed: the Feathered Fighter Item Set! You only have seven days to receive the item set when you subscribe. If you're already an active subscriber, reload the site and then head to Inventory > Equipment to claim your gear!
Subscribers also receive the ability to buy gems for gold -- the longer you subscribe, the more gems you can buy per month! There are other perks as well, such as longer access to uncompressed data. Best of all, subscriptions let us keep Habitica running. Thank you very much for your support -- it means a lot to us.
Developers' Blog: Important Upcoming API Changes
If you're a third-party developer, there are some important upcoming technical changes to Habitica's API that you should know about. Read more about these exciting updates and how to prepare for your app for them on the Habitica developers' blog, The Forge!
New Badge and Achievement: Joined a Guild
There's a brand new badge you can earn by joining a Guild! Guilds are a great way to meet fellow Habiticans who share your interests and/or goals! Earn the new achievement by joining one or more Guilds. If you're already in a Guild, you've received the achievement automatically! Have fun.
by SabreCat and Vampitch
Help Habitica Grow! Party Usage Survey
Are you in a Party? We'd love to know more about how your Party uses the text features on your Party page! Click here to take a brief survey. If you provide your User ID at the end, you'll earn the Helped Habitica Grow achievement!
by Sara Olson