Your Life, The Role Playing Game
Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hvatski, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can tap them to edit!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- Activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation or allow yourself in moderation can be added in the Rewards column.
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete activities, you will gain experience points (XP), which help you level-up, and gain gold points (GP), which allow you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits, or miss your Dailies you will lose health points (HP). In that way, the Habitica experience and health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar.
- Buy and change your equipment under Rewards and Inventory > Equipment.
- Choose a particular class (Level 10) then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After Level 3, Hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest at level 15).
Would you like more information?
- View the pages marked as most useful for new users.
- View all the pages on the wiki.
- View the wiki's Categories. A Category shows all pages related to a particular topic. For example, the Methodologies Category lists pages related to productivity methods.
We now have newly devised Community Guidelines. Make sure to read them carefully to keep our community the great place it is.
Link to External Images!
You can now place externally hosted images using an image URL into our Wiki by using this template. So if you want to link to a HabitRPG picture but don't want to download it to your computer and then upload it to this wiki, this template will be handy for you.
In other news, the Admins can now be seen in green when they post in the forums, so give us a shout if you need our attention. ;)
New Contribution Levels System
I'm a bit late with this news, but our new contribution level system is working well thus far. :)
Thank you all for your feedback and patience regarding the levels and I hope to see many of your applications soon. The wiki admins are speeding through applications pretty fast, so the lag time between applying and receiving a response from us is usually less than one week.
For more details about the new system, head over to The Knights Chambers.
Happy Editing! ~Breadstrings 11 Feb 2014
Upcoming Wiki Features
HabitRPG is currently in the process of migrating our old community page into this wiki. So keep an eye out for the integration of poll pages and improved forums (courtesy of JiggerD)!
As a recent addition, you can now go to our Forums if you are looking for a group, just like you used to in the community site.
~Breadstrings 11 Jan 2014
Wiki tavern challenge
If you want to help improve the wiki, visit Taking the Wiki Live for more details about Contributing to the Great Library of Habitica.
You can now unlock a new, top-tier gear set and pet by contributing (code, art, docs, etc) to HabitRPG.