Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Bahasa Melayu, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
WORLD BOSS: THE DYSHEARTENER IS UNLEASHED
Oh no, a World Boss is attacking Habitica! Head to the Tavern to see it now. If you're on mobile, make sure that you have the latest versions downloaded to get the full experience!
The sun is rising on Valentine's Day when a shocking crash splinters the air. A blaze of sickly pink light lances through all the buildings, and bricks crumble as a deep crack rips through Habit City's main street. An unearthly shrieking rises through the air, shattering windows as a hulking form slithers forth from the oozing earth.
Mandibles snap and a carapace glitters; legs upon legs unfurl in the air. The crowd begins to scream as the insectoid creature rears up, revealing itself to be none other than that cruelest of creatures: the fearsome Dysheartener itself. It howls in anticipation and lunges forward, hungering to gnaw on the hopes of hard-working Habiticans. With each rasping scrape of its spiny forelegs, you feel a vise of despair tightening in your chest.
"Take heart, everyone!" Lemoness shouts. "It probably thinks that we're easy targets because so many of us have daunting New Year's Resolutions, but it's about to discover that Habiticans know how to stick to their goals!"
AnnDeLune raises her staff. "Let's tackle our tasks and take this monster down!"
Complete Habits, Dailies and To-Dos to damage the World Boss! Incomplete Dailies fill the Rage Strike Bar. When the Rage Strike bar is full, the World Boss will attack one of Habitica's shopkeepers. A World Boss will never damage individual players or accounts in any way. Only active accounts who are not resting in the Inn will have their incomplete Dailies tallied.
*If you’d prefer not to see the World Boss due to a phobia, check out the Phobia Protection Extension (and set it to hide “Beetles”) :)
by Lemoness, Beffymaroo, SabreCat, viirus, Apollo, and piyorii
Writing by Lemoness
Art by AnnDeLune, Lemoness, and Beffymaroo
Phobia Protection Extension by Alys