Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Bahasa Melayu, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
THANKSGIVING IN HABITICA, NOVEMBER SUBSCRIBER ITEMS, AND ANDROID UPDATE
Turkey Pets, Mounts, and Costume!
For the occasion, all Habiticans have received Turkey-themed items! What items? It all depends on how many Habitica Thanksgivings you've celebrated with us. Each Thanksgiving, you'll get a new and exciting Turkey pet, mount, or gear set! Check your Stable and your pinned Rewards to see what you got!
Thank you for using Habitica - we really love you all <3by Lemoness
November Subscriber Items Revealed!Carpet Rider Item Set! You have until November 30 to receive the item set when you subscribe. If you're already an active subscriber, reload the site and then head to Inventory > Items to claim your gear!
Subscribers also receive the ability to buy gems for gold -- the longer you subscribe, the more gems you can buy per month! There are other perks as well, such as longer access to uncompressed data and a cute Jackalope pet. Best of all, subscriptions let us keep Habitica running. Thank you very much for your support -- it means a lot to us.
Android App Update
There’s an exciting new update to our Android app!
We’ve smashed some pesky bugs, including the issue with task reordering! You can now view and assign attribute points (or choose auto-allocation)! We’ve added Equipment to the Market, plus the ability to change your login name and email, reset or delete your account, make changes to your profile, and access Fix Character Values. You can also request a password reset from the login screen! We hope this makes your Habitica experience even better. Be sure to download the update now for a better Habitica experience!
If you like the improvements that we’ve been making to our app, please consider reviewing this new version. It really helps us out!
by Viirus and piyorii