Your Life, The Role Playing Game
Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hvatski, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can tap them to edit!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- Activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation or allow yourself in moderation can be added in the Rewards column.
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete activities, you will gain experience points (XP), which help you level-up, and gain gold points (GP), which allow you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits, or miss your Dailies you will lose health points (HP). In that way, the Habitica experience and health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar.
- Buy and change your equipment under Rewards and Inventory > Equipment.
- Choose a particular class (Level 10) then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After Level 3, Hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest at level 15).
Would you like more information?
- View the pages marked as most useful for new users.
- View all the pages on the wiki.
- View the wiki's Categories. A Category shows all pages related to a particular topic. For example, the Methodologies Category lists pages related to productivity methods.
AUGUST SUBSCRIBER ITEMS, ANDROID UPDATE, AND BLOG POSTS
August Subscriber Items RevealedThe August Subscriber Item has been revealed: the Thunderstormer Set! You still have seven days to subscribe and receive the item set.
Subscribers also receive the ability to buy Gems for Gold -- the longer you subscribe, the more Gems you can buy per month! There are other perks as well, such as longer access to uncompressed data. Best of all, your support directly keeps Habitica running. Thank you very much -- it means a lot to us!
Android Update: Better Messaging and Invitations
We've released a new Android update which includes better messaging, a search bar for Guilds, and an easier way to invite friends to your party! Be sure to download it now for a better Habitica experience!
If you like the improvements that we’ve been making to our app, please consider reviewing this new version. It really helps us out! We hope you enjoy the update.
by viirus and jjbillings
New Blog Posts: Habitica Roadtrip and Quest System
There are two new posts on the Habitica blog!
First, we're announcing the new BEHIND THE SCENES blog series. These posts will highlight some of the work that goes into Habitica and the shenanigans of the team. We're opening with a fun one: a description of the recent Habitica Roadtrip that some of our staff and admins took together! Enjoy.
Plus, there's a new Wiki spotlight on the blog, this time focusing on quests! Learn everything you wanted to know about one of our most motivating mechanics.
by Lemoness, Redphoenix, and the Wiki Wizards