Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
FAIRY HATCHING POTIONS, NEW GOLD-PURCHASABLE QUEST LINE, AND BEHIND THE SCENES BLOG POST
Fairy Hatching Potions
There's a new pet breed in town! Between now and May 17th, you can buy Fairy Hatching Potions from the Market and use them to hatch any standard pet egg. (Magic Hatching Potions do not work on Quest Pet eggs.) Fairy Potion Pets aren't picky, so they'll happily eat any kind of food that you feed them!
After they're gone, it will be at least a year before the Fairy Hatching Potions are available again, so be sure to get them now!
by Edge, Willow the Witty, and SabreCat
Gold-Purchasable Quest Line: Mayhem in Mistiflying
There's a new set of gold-purchasable quests available in the Quest Shop: the Mayhem in Mistiflying Quest-Line! Mistiflying is being assailed by extremely windy weather and peculiar monster attacks. Can you help the April Fool save the city? If so, you'll earn the exclusive Roguish Rainbow Messenger Armor Set.
As time goes on, we'll be adding more gold-purchasable quests. Mayhem in Mistiflying is not a limited-edition quest line, so you have plenty of time to save up!
by SabreCat, Beffymaroo, and Lemoness
Behind the Scenes Blog Post: The April Fool
Have you ever wanted to know more about the ridiculous Rogue who plays pranks on us every year? Today's blog post features a spotlight on the April Fool. Check it out now to learn about his favorite hobbies, the object of his affection, and even his real name.