Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
FALL FESTIVAL AVATAR CUSTOMIZATIONS AND USERNAME FAQS
Supernatural Skins & Haunted Hair Colors
The Seasonal Edition Haunted Hair Colors are now available for purchase! Now you can dye your avatar's hair Pumpkin, Midnight, Candy Corn, Ghost White, Zombie, or Halloween. They’ll vanish after October 31, so be sure to check them out!
The Supernatural Skin Set is also available until October 31st! Now your avatar can become an Ogre, Skeleton, Pumpkin, Candy Corn, Reptile, or Dread Shade.
Seasonal Edition items recur unchanged every year, but they are only available to purchase during a short period of time. Find these exciting skins and hair colors in User>Edit Avatar. Get them now, or you'll have to wait until next year!
by Lemoness, mariahm, and crystalphoenix
Unique Usernames Update and FAQ
It’s been a week since we announced the switch to unique usernames. So far, around half of active Habiticans have confirmed their usernames and are ready to go. Be sure to go to Settings and confirm yours!
We’ve seen a few questions floating around the community and wanted to provide some clarification about the change:
- Usernames will appear beside your display name in chats and your profile
- Usernames must be unique to be sure you’re inviting or messaging the right person
- Display names aren’t unique, and two people can have the same one. Your display name can be the same as or different than your username.
- You can change your display name and username at any time, even after confirmation
- Changes to chat and invitations will roll out gradually after about a month
If you want to read a more in-depth Q&A on this change and see an example to show how it will work, please visit our blog!