Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your Life, The Role Playing Game
Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hrvatski, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can tap them to edit!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- Activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation or allow yourself in moderation can be added in the Rewards column.
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete activities, you will gain experience points (XP), which help you level-up, and gain gold points (GP), which allow you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits, or miss your Dailies you will lose health points (HP). In that way, the Habitica experience and health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar.
- Buy and change your equipment under Rewards and Inventory > Equipment.
- Choose a particular class (Level 10) then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After Level 3, Hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest at level 15).
Would you like more information?
- View the pages marked as most useful for new users.
- View all the pages on the wiki.
- View the wiki's Categories. A Category shows all pages related to a particular topic. For example, the Methodologies Category lists pages related to productivity methods.
NEW BACKGROUNDS AND ARMOIRE ITEMS, IOS UPDATE, TAKE THIS CHALLENGE, AND HABITICA STAFF MEMBER
December Backgrounds and Armoire Items!We’ve added three new backgrounds to the Background Shop! Now your avatar can set off Winter Fireworks, purchase presents from a Winter Shop, and dance through the Shimmering Ice Prisms.
Plus, there’s new gold-purchasable equipment in the Enchanted Armoire, including the Wood Elf set. Better work hard on your real-life tasks to earn all the pieces! Enjoy :)
by FirozTaverbi, Lilith of Alfheim, KusSv, ACE, and beffymaroo
New iOS Update
We've released a new iOS update that includes check-in incentives!
The update also focuses on stability, fixing the issue with Dailies refreshing and resolving several crashes. Be sure to download it now for a better Habitica experience!
If you like the improvements that we’ve been making to our app, please consider reviewing this new version. It really helps us out! Old reviews get hidden with each update, but if you go to the review section you can re-post them again with a single tap. We hope you enjoy the update!
New Take This ChallengeThe next Take This Challenge has launched, Hero's Triumph, with a focus on volunteering to help others. Be sure to check it out to earn additional pieces of the Take This armor set!
Take This is a nonprofit that seeks to inform the gamer community about mental health issues, to provide education about mental disorders and mental illness prevention, and to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Congratulations to the winners of the last Take This Challenge, "Keep Calm and Carry On!": grand prize winner Rone Filho, and runners-up smurffigueiredo12, spaceauddity, Анна Солопенко, YokiHan, and 淳. Plus, all participants in that Challenge have received a piece of the Take This item set. It is located in your Rewards column. Enjoy!
by Doctor B, the Take This team, Lemoness, and SabreCat
New Staff MemberWe're so excited to welcome a new staff member onto the team: our long-time contributor TheHollidayInn, aka Keith! Go congratulate him in the Tavern :)
by the Habitica Team