Your Life, The Role Playing Game
Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 简体 & 繁體
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can tap them to edit!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- Activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation or allow yourself in moderation can be added in the Rewards column.
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete activities, you will gain experience points (XP), which help you level-up, and gain gold points (GP), which allow you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits, or miss your Dailies you will lose health points (HP). In that way, the Habitica experience and health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar.
- Buy and change your equipment under Rewards and Inventory > Equipment.
- Choose a particular class (Level 10) then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- After Level 3, Hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest at level 15).
Would you like more information?
- View the pages marked as most useful for new users.
- View all the pages on the wiki.
- View the wiki's Categories. A Category shows all pages related to a particular topic. For example, the Methodologies Category lists pages related to productivity methods.
CHALLENGES UPDATE FOR ANDROID AND FEATURED WIKI ARTICLE BLOG
Android Update: Challenges!
We've released a new Android update that contains Challenges!
Now you can browse, join, and view Challenges on the app! Easily add user-created tasks to your list, then compete against other Habiticans to win gems and achievements.
Plus, we've made some design improvements! Habit buttons now have the +/- on different sides to improve accessibility, and long pressing on the floating action button now creates a task that matches the task list you’re currently viewing. We've got some snazzy new icons, too! Be sure to download it now for a better Habitica experience.
If you like the improvements that we’ve been making to our app, please consider reviewing this new version. It really helps us out! We hope you enjoy the update.
Blog Post: Starting Over OptionsThis month's featured Wiki article is about Starting Over Options! We hope that it will help you as you make a fresh start on the New Year. Be sure to check it out, and let us know what you think by reaching out on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
by Beffymaroo and the Wiki Wizards