Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
FALL FESTIVAL BEGINS! LIMITED EDITION FALL EQUIPMENT, SEASONAL SHOP OPENS, AND NPC OUTFITS!
Limited Edition Class Outfits!
From now until October 31st, limited edition outfits are available in the Rewards column! Depending on your class, you can be a Minotaur Warrior, an Alter Ego Rogue, a Carnivorous Plant Healer, or a Candymancer Mage. You'd better get productive to earn enough gold before your time runs out...
by AnnDeLune, Vikte, QuartzFox, Beffymaroo, and SabreCat
Seasonal Shop Opens
The Seasonal Shop has opened! It's stocking autumnal Seasonal Edition goodies at the moment, including past fall outfits. Everything there will be available to purchase during the Fall Festival event each year, but it's only open until October 31st, so be sure to stock up now, or you'll have to wait a year to buy these items again!
by AnnDeLune, ʂʈєƒąʃųƥągųʂ, Katy133, Lilith of Alfheim, Definitely not a villain, ShoGirlGeek, cataclysms, maxpendragon, Lemoness, Beffymaroo, and SabreCat
Everyone has hastened down to the Flourishing Fields to celebrate this spooky harvest festival. Be sure to check out all the new outfits that people are sporting!