Your Life, The Role Playing Game
The wiki is also available in other languages: Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本語, Bahasa Melayu, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasileiro, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体 & 繁體).
Step 1: Enter Tasks
First, enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them.
- 1a. Set up To-Dos
- Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To-Dos column, one at a time. You can click the pencil to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
- 1b. Set up Dailies
- Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week in the Dailies column. Click the item's pencil icon to 'edit' the day(s) of the week it will be due. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
- 1c. Set up Habits
- Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit (+) or a bad habit (-).
- 1d. Set up Rewards
- In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life
Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain Experience, which helps you level up, and Gold, which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose Health. In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.
Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
- Organize your tasks with tags (edit a task to add them).
- Customize your avatar under User > Avatar.
- Buy your equipment under Rewards and change it under Inventory > Equipment.
- Connect with other users via the Tavern.
- Starting at Level 3, hatch pets by collecting eggs and hatching potions. Feed them to create mounts.
- Form a party with your friends under Social > Party to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
- At level 10: Choose a particular class and then use class-specific skills (levels 11 to 14).
- Defeat monsters and collect objects on quests (you will be given a quest when you join and at various levels).
NEW PET QUEST, BEHIND THE SCENES, AND FEATURED WIKI ARTICLE
New Pet Quest: A Tangled Yarn
Wayward yarn from unfinished craft projects is spreading confusion through the Taskan countryside! Can you wrap up this tangled mess? Get the latest pet quest,A Tangled Yarn, and earn some woolen Yarn pets by completing your real-life tasks.
by SabreCat, Faelwyn the Rising Phoenix, Bartelmy, Arcosine, stefalupagus, khdarkwolf, JinjooHat, basekick, Hacheiseiko, TheMushroomKing and Vampitch
Behind the Scenes: Tips for Burnout Prevention and Recovery from the Habitica Team!Behind the Scenes post on the Habitica blog in which the team shares their tips for preventing burnout and bouncing back when it happens! Check it out for great ideas for self-care and recuperation!
Blog Post: The Habit Loop
This month's featured Wiki article is about The Habit Loop! We hope that it will help you as you work on building better, stronger, and healthier Habits. Be sure to check it out, and let us know what you think by reaching out on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.by Beffymaroo and the Wiki Wizards