Mages gain experience and mana points (MP) faster than other classes, and also have good rates of earning gold and drops. Mages can cast skills on tasks to deal additional damage to bosses or preserve their own streaks. Mage skills can also affect the player's party by buffing Intelligence or restoring other party members' MP. They are powerful allies to have for dealing damage and recharging skills during boss battles.
- Mages can level up faster than other classes, since their primary attribute is Intelligence. Leveling up restores HP and provides attribute points.
- The Chilling Frost skill provides the unique ability to "freeze" streaks. This may be valuable to players who value long streaks and feel that it's okay to allow an occasional lapse without losing their progress.
- The Burst of Flames skill deals extra damage to bosses as well as giving extra experience.
- Mages can also increase the party's Intelligence, increasing their rate of experience gain, or restore their companions' mana points (MP). This can motivate party members to be more aggressive in completing their own tasks, or it can allow any of the other classes to use extra skills in an emergency.
- With their skills, a party of high-level Mages has the potential for generating limitless amounts of MP, which translates to unlimited buffs to Intelligence, which leads to unlimited experience gain.
- Consult the Skills and Buff pages for more information on how skills and buffs work.
- All skills' effects are based on the caster's attributes at the time of casting, not on the attributes of other party members.
- Some skills are also affected by the value of the task they are cast on.
- Some skills adjust the value of the task they are cast on. They have no ongoing effect on the task.
- Skills never mark a task as complete. You do not have to complete a task before or after casting a skill on it. You can cast a skill on a complete or incomplete task.
- All skills that buff the party also buff the caster, unless stated otherwise.
- Buffs are applied immediately and persist until each party member's next Cron.
- Skills do not affect quests, unless stated otherwise.
- Consult the "Skills and Buffs" section in the User Data Display Tool to learn more about the precise effect each skill will have when you cast it.
|MP Cost||40 MP|
|Description||Ice covers your tasks. None of your streaks will reset to zero tomorrow! |
(One cast affects all streaks.)
|Maximize Effects||Use many Dailies and rack up high streaks on each.|
|Critical Hit?||Does not occur.|
|Notes||Provides a buff that prevents the streaks on all the player's uncompleted Dailies from being set to zero at the next Cron. Uncompleted Dailies will still cause damage to the player and to party members if they and the player are on a boss quest together. Stacking multiple buffs grants no additional effect.|
EquipmentEditMage weapons are the only class-specific two-handed items in the game. They use both the weapon slot and the shield/off-hand slot. Equipping a Mage weapon will automatically unequip your shield or off-hand weapon, meaning that you cannot use an item in the off-hand slot if you are using a Mage weapon. Conversely, if you equip a weapon or shield in your off-hand slot, it unequips the Mage weapon. You will see a message: "(Mage Weapon Name) takes two hands."
Gathering all the Mage Basic Gear gives players the Ultimate Gear - Mage achievement. It costs 1210 gold to buy the whole set of basic Mage gear.
The World Event sets each cost 310 to 320 gold.
The tables below show the pieces of equipment that can be purchased through the Rewards column by players who do not already own them.
|0||Confers no benefit.||Practice staff.||Starting gear.|
|Wooden Staff||30||Increases INT by 3.
Increases PER by 1.
|Basic implement of carven wood.||Requires Apprentice Staff.|
|Jeweled Staff||50||Increases INT by 6.
Increases PER by 2.
|Focuses power through a precious stone.||Requires Wooden Staff.|
|Iron Staff||80||Increases INT by 9.
Increases PER by 3.
|Plated in metal to channel heat, cold, and lightning.||Requires Jeweled Staff.|
|Brass Staff||120||Increases INT by 12.
Increases PER by 5.
|As powerful as it is heavy.||Requires Iron Staff.|
|Archmage Staff||160||Increases INT by 15.
Increases PER by 7.
|Assists in weaving the most complex of spells.||Requires Brass Staff.|
|Golden Staff||200||Increases INT by 18.
Increases PER by 10.
|Fashioned of orichalcum, the alchemic gold, mighty and rare.||Requires Archmage Staff.|
|30||Increases INT by 2.||Hedge mage's outfit.|
|Wizard Robe||45||Increases INT by 4.||Clothes for a wandering wonder-worker.||Requires Magician Robe.|
|Robe of Mysteries||65||Increases INT by 6.||Denotes initiation into elite secrets.||Requires Wizard Robe.|
|Archmage Robe||90||Increases INT by 9.||Spirits and elementals bow before it.||Requires Robe of Mysteries.|
|Royal Magus Robe||120||Increases INT by 12.||Symbol of the power behind the throne.||Requires Archmage Robe.|
|15||Increases PER by 2.||Simple, comfortable, and fashionable.|
|Cornuthaum||25||Increases PER by 3.||Traditional headgear of the itinerant mage.||Requires Magician Hat.|
|Astrologer Hat||40||Increases PER by 5.||Adorned with the rings of Saturn.||Requires Cornuthaum.|
|Archmage Hat||60||Increases PER by 7.||Focuses the mind for intensive spellcasting.||Requires Astrologer Hat.|
|Royal Magus Hat||80||Increases PER by 10.||Shows authority over fortune, weather, and lesser mages.||Requires Archmage Hat.|
Grand Gala EquipmentEdit
|Year/Grand Gala/Item Set||Weapon||Armor||Head||Accessory|
Magic Fetching Stick
Canine Conjuror Robes
Canine Conjuror Hat
Teal Dog Ears
Winter Wolf Mage
Winter Wolf Crystal Staff
Winter Wolf Helm
Cloak of Wickedness
Hood of Wickedness
Staff of Bells
Grand Malkin Robes
Grand Malkin Hat
Yellow Cat Ears
Magician's Bunny Suit
Stage Mage Hat
Blue Bunny Ears
Mage of the North
Witchy Wizard Robes
Swiss Cheese Staff
Swiss Cheese Hat
Blue Mouse Ears
Candy Cane Staff
Candy Cane Robe
Candy Cane Hat