An Orb of Rebirth resets the player's character back to level one while maintaining tasks, quests, and achievements. It is similar to the "New Game+" option that appears in some video games. Note that the effects are instant and irreversible, so consider it wisely before rebirthing.
Note: The Orb of Rebirth can no longer be unlocked by earning the Beast Master achievement.
When a player clicks the Orb in the Market, they are given a chance to review what will happen before they confirm and spend their gems. If they confirm the decision, the following effects will take place:
- The player returns to full health.
- The player becomes a level 1 Warrior.
- The player loses all buffs, including cosmetic avatar buffs from Transformation Items.
- The effects of the following skills are removed for the player:
- Searing Brightness
- Protective Aura
- Chilling Frost
- Tools of the Trade
- Defensive Stance
- Valorous Presence
- Intimidating Gaze
- Player's Habits, Dailies, and To-Dos reset to yellow, except for challenge tasks.
- Streaks reset to 0, except for challenge tasks. Streak achievements are retained.
- Features the player has unlocked, such as drops, are relocked.
- The player's avatar is adjusted to "unequip" (remove) the pet and mount but the player keeps owning all pets and mounts and can re-equip them immediately if desired.
- Quests that are playable at a certain level only are relocked; you cannot start such quests, even if you have a scroll in your inventory. As always for such quests, you can still participate if another party member starts them.
- The player loses all experience, gold, mana, and attribute points.
Any item not listed above is not affected by the Orb.
The Rebirth AchievementEditWhen a player first uses an Orb of Rebirth, they earn the achievement Began a New Adventure. The achievement comes with a badge on the player's avatar that shows the maximum level the player attained before rebirth if below 100, and otherwise states that the rebirth was at level "100 or higher."
level greater than their last rebirth (if the first rebirth was used at a level under 100), or at any level greater than or equal to 100 (if the first rebirth was used at level 100 or higher). For example, a user who rebirthed at level 66 would need to subsequently rebirth at level 67 or higher to stack the achievement. Each time the achievement is stacked, the player's item drop chance bonus subtotal increases by 5%.
Note: Avatars no longer display a plus sign (+) to signify that a player has been reborn at least once. This information now only appears on a player's Achievements page.
Why use an Orb of Rebirth?Edit
Rebirth is an option not to be taken lightly. Players shouldn't do it if they find resetting all that progress demotivating! However, here are some reasons players might consider purchasing it:
- The player has suffered some setbacks on their tasks and wants to make a fresh start.
- The player started playing Habitica before some exciting features (such as classes) were implemented and would like to be introduced to these features the way a new user would.
- The player has attained such a high level that they find the amount of experience needed to reach the next level discouraging.
- The player has attained such high attributes that they find the game too easy.
- The player wants the achievement and prestige badge.
- The player was considering using a Fortify Potion and changing their class but decides to do both at once with a little something extra (a Fortify Potion is not needed if Orb of Rebirth is used).
- The player may want to experience what it's like to be another class, and would rather start over from level 1 than change class while staying the same level. Or, if the player is above level 100, they may want to change class without paying gems. Note that if you use the Orb of Rebirth, you will need to wait until level 10 to unlock the class system again.
- The player sees little benefit in leveling up past level 100, as all stats are capped.
- The player wants to join a low-level party.
One of the best times to use the Orb of Rebirth is during one of the Grand Galas. This is because doing so will give you the opportunity to access up to three classes' seasonal edition gear without using any gems:
- Original class before rebirth
- Warrior class
- New class after rebirth
Changes to Orb of RebirthEdit
The Orb of Rebirth originally cost 8 gems and removed certain equipment. Players who had used the Orb before this change was implemented may post to the Report a Bug guild to get their equipment restored.