Note: The Orb of Rebirth can no longer be unlocked by earning the Beast Master achievement.
When a player clicks the Orb in the Market, they are given a chance to review what will happen before they confirm and spend their gems. If they confirm the decision, the following effects will take place:
- The player returns to full health.
- The player becomes a level 1 Warrior.
- The player loses all buffs, including cosmetic avatar buffs from Transformation Items.
- The effects of the following skills are removed for the player:
- Searing Brightness
- Protective Aura
- Chilling Frost
- Tools of the Trade
- Defensive Stance
- Valorous Presence
- Intimidating Gaze
- Player's Habits, Dailies, and To-Dos reset to yellow, except for challenge tasks.
- Streaks reset to 0, except for challenge tasks. Streak achievements are retained.
- Features the player has unlocked, such as drops, are relocked.
- The player's avatar is adjusted to "unequip" (remove) the pet and mount but the player keeps owning all pets and mounts and can re-equip them immediately if desired.
- Quests that are playable at a certain level only are relocked; you cannot start such quests, even if you have a scroll in your inventory. As always for such quests, you can still participate if another party member starts them.
- The player loses all experience, gold, mana, and attribute points.
Any item not listed above is not affected by the Orb.
The Rebirth AchievementEditachievement Began a New Adventure. The achievement comes with a badge on the player's avatar that shows the maximum level the player attained before rebirth.
Players can stack this achievement (which displays as "Began 2 New Adventures," etc.) by undergoing subsequent rebirths. However, the achievement only stacks if the player undertakes their subsequent rebirth from a higher level than they had previously attained. For example, a user who has used the Orb of Rebirth at level 66 would need to use an Orb of Rebirth at level 67 or higher to stack the achievement. An exception is if the maximum level the user has attained is 100 or higher, undergoing Rebirth after reaching level 100 again will stack the achievement.
For every time a player has stacked this achievement, their item drop chance bonus subtotal is increased by 5%.
Why use an Orb of Rebirth?Edit
Rebirth is an option not to be taken lightly. Players shouldn't do it if they find resetting all that progress demotivating! However, here are some reasons players might consider purchasing it:
- The player has suffered some setbacks on their tasks and wants to make a fresh start.
- The player started playing Habitica before some exciting features (such as classes) were implemented and would like to be introduced to these features the way a new user would.
- The player has attained such a high level that they find the amount of experience needed to reach the next level discouraging.
- The player has attained such high attributes that they find the game too easy.
- The player wants the achievement and prestige badge.
- The player was considering using a Fortify Potion and changing their class but decides to do both at once with a little something extra (a Fortify Potion is not needed if Orb of Rebirth is used).
- The player may want to experience what it's like to be another class, and would rather start over from level 1 than change class while staying the same level. Or, if the player is above level 100, they may want to change class without paying gems. Note that if you use the Orb of Rebirth, you will need to wait until level 10 to unlock the class system again.
- The player sees little benefit in leveling up past level 100, as all stats are capped.
- The player wants to join a low-level party.
One of the best times to use the Orb of Rebirth is during one of the Grand Galas. This is because doing so will give you the opportunity to access up to three classes' seasonal edition gear without using any gems:
- Original class before rebirth
- Warrior class
- New class after rebirth
Changes to Orb of RebirthEdit
The Orb of Rebirth originally cost 8 gems and removed certain equipment. Players who had used the Orb before this change was implemented may post to the Report a Bug guild to get their equipment restored.