One Load Edit
- One load to wash them all,
- One load to dry them,
- One load to bring them all and into pairings bind them,
- In the land of Sock Drawer where the stockings lie.
- - Vanyalosswen
Ode to the Chores Edit
Here is an ode to the chores and challenges of the holiday season.
- Tis a month before New Year's, the calendar cries,
- And every bright gleam in the shop window vies
- For attention and spending on Black Friday deals.
- Leaves fall with rain, perhaps snow, on their heels.
- All through the marketplace, food changes hands
- With some left in buckets of charity cans.
- Our houses are filled with cuisine plain and fine:
- Gingerbread, pumpkin, and spicy mulled wine.
- The tree with its branches scarce fits through the door,
- Sheds needles and pine sap behind on the floor.
- Lights on the roof go up festive and bright:
- A knot in the cord makes the job take all night.
- The year marches endward and time does not wait,
- And somehow one day's worth of strength must last eight.
- Family brings drama both joyful and tragic.
- Children bring wishlists for holiday magic,
- And each family's call for its own kind of reverence
- Fights every year against hunger for presents.
- And after the stamp on the last thank-you letter
- A pause, and reflection: could next year be better?
- The clock ticks towards midnight and pencil meets page
- Writing out goalposts both trifling and sage.
- And two weeks from New Year's, where shall those aims be?
- Faithfully honored, or out with the tree?
- - Vanyalosswen
On Habits Edit
On Good Habits Edit
- Habits are good, habits are great; if you do your habits, you get to eat cake!
On Bad Habits Edit
- Habits are horrid, habits are bad; if you do your habits, you'll be very sad!
- - Selena Ariel (soon-to-be world-famous poet)
Author and Title Unknown Edit
- Thank God for dirty dishes;
- They have a tale to tell.
- While others may go hungry,
- We're eating very well
- With home, health, and happiness,
- I shouldn't want to fuss;
- By the stack of evidence,
- God's been very good to us.