Rogues earn more gold and find drops more often than other classes, and they also earn more frequent and rewarding critical hits. Their skills can generate gold and experience from tasks, provide their party with a buff to gold and drop earning rate, and allow the Rogue to dodge damage that Dailies deal. They are valuable allies to have in collection quests.
- As a beginner in Habitica, players will have a lot of items to buy as they progress through the levels. Earning more gold will help them to obtain the best equipment for their adventure relatively quickly. Having more gold also makes it easier to buy health potions, which are useful for players who struggle with unfinished Dailies and negative Habits.
- Rogues have a skill that grants gold and experience and scales with task value. As task value has no cap, Rogues are able to level and gather gold extremely quickly!
- Rogues are able to buff their party members' Perception, helping them find more items and gain more gold.
- Players will be able to relax a little on missed Dailies, as they can use the Stealth skill to dodge damage at the end of the day. This is also useful during a boss quest to prevent the boss from inflicting damage to your party members because of your own missed Dailies. (However, players that need to use this consistently may wish to reconsider their Dailies list!)
- The Rogue's higher drop rate can speed up collection quests, where players need to find a certain amount of items.
- Increased drop rates also make it easier for the player to achieve the Beast Master achievement, as well as making it easier to turn pets into mounts.
In short, the Rogue is a good class for those who are not interested in becoming a Healer, but still want to be able to survive relatively well while gaining lots of items and GP when a task is completed. This is ideal for people who want to unlock the best possible gear as soon as possible. This also benefits people who have custom Rewards and people attempting to earn the Beast Master achievement.
- Consult the Skills and Buff pages for more information on how skills and buffs work.
- All skills' effects are based on the caster's attributes at the time of casting, not on the attributes of other party members.
- Some skills are also affected by the value of the task they are cast on.
- Some skills adjust the value of the task they are cast on. They have no ongoing effect on the task.
- Skills never mark a task as complete. You do not have to complete a task before or after casting a skill on it. You can cast a skill on a complete or incomplete task.
- All skills that buff the party also buff the caster, unless stated otherwise.
- Buffs are applied immediately and persist until each party member's next Cron.
- Skills do not affect quests, unless stated otherwise.
- Consult the "Skills and Buffs" section in the User Data Display Tool to learn more about the precise effect each skill will have when you cast it.
|MP Cost||45 MP|
|Description||You are too sneaky to spot. Some of your undone Dailies will not cause damage tonight, and their streaks and color will not change. (Cast multiple times to affect more Dailies.)|
|Maximize Effects||To increase the effects, maximize your PER.|
|Critical Hit?||Does not occur.|
|Notes||Provides a buff that causes a certain number of uncompleted Dailies to be ignored by the next Cron: their streaks will not reset, their value/color will not change, and they will not cause damage to the player or to their party members during a boss quest. The number of Dailies that have been hidden by Stealth can be seen on your User > Stats page.|
|Calculation||Number of dodged Dailies = 0.64 * (Total Number of Dailies [both due and not due]) * PER / (PER + 55)|
|Examples||For PER = 25 and 5 total Dailies, you will be able to dodge 1 uncompleted Daily |
For PER = 125 and 10 total Dailies, you will be able to dodge 5 uncompleted Dailies
|Changes||Weaker (a single cast will hide at most 64% of your due Dailies)|
No longer wasted on Grey Dailies
Rogues wield a weapon in each hand. While they can use shields from the Warrior and Healer classes and the two handed staff from the Mage class, only Rogue weapons give a class bonus. The weapon that is used in the shield-hand slot is purchased separately.Basic Gear gives players the Ultimate Gear - Rogue achievement. It costs 1340 gold to buy the whole set of basic Rogue gear.
The Grand Gala sets each cost 310 gold.
The tables below show the pieces of equipment that can be purchased through the Rewards column by players who do not already own them.
|Name||Appearance (Weapon)||Appearance (Off-hand)||Cost (Gold, per piece)||Effect (per piece)||Description||Notes|
|0||Confers no benefit.||A rogue's most basic weapon.||Starting gear.|
|Short Sword||20||Increases STR by 2.||Light, concealable blade.|
|Scimitar||35||Increases STR by 3.||Slashing sword, swift to deliver a killing blow.||Requires Short Sword.|
|Kukri||50||Increases STR by 4.||Distinctive bush knife, both survival tool and weapon.||Requires Scimitar.|
|Nunchaku||70||Increases STR by 6.||Heavy batons whirled about on a length of chain.||Requires Kukri.|
|Ninja-to||90||Increases STR by 8.||Sleek and deadly as the ninja themselves.||Requires Nunchaku.|
|Hook Sword||120||Increases STR by 10.||Complex weapon adept at ensnaring and disarming opponents.||Requires Ninja-to.|
|30||Increases PER by 6.||Leather armor treated to reduce noise.|
|Black Leather||45||Increases PER by 9.||Colored with dark dye to blend into shadows.||Requires Oiled Leather.|
|Camouflage Vest||65||Increases PER by 12.||Equally discreet in dungeon or wilderness.||Requires Black Leather.|
|Penumbral Armor||90||Increases PER by 15.||Wraps the wearer in a veil of twilight.||Requires Camouflage Vest.|
|Umbral Armor||120||Increases PER by 18.||Allows stealth in the open in broad daylight.||Requires Penumbral Armor.|
|15||Increases PER by 2.||Basic protective cowl.|
|Black Leather Hood||25||Increases PER by 4.||Useful for both defense and disguise.||Requires Leather Hood.|
|Camouflage Hood||40||Increases PER by 6.||Rugged, but doesn't impede hearing.||Requires Black Leather Hood.|
|Penumbral Hood||60||Increases PER by 9.||Grants perfect vision in darkness.||Requires Camouflage Hood.|
|Umbral Hood||80||Increases PER by 12.||Conceals even thoughts from those who would probe them.||Requires Penumbral Hood.|
|Reindeer Costume||90||Increases PER by 15.||You look so cute and fuzzy, who could suspect you are after holiday loot? Increases Perception by 15. Limited Edition 2017-2018 Winter Gear.|
|Reindeer Helm||60||Increases PER by 9.||The perfect holiday disguise, with a built-in headlight! Increases Perception by 9. Limited Edition 2017-2018 Winter Gear.|
|Peppermint Hook (main hand)||80||Increases STR by 8.||Perfect for climbing walls or distracting your foes with sweet, sweet candy. Increases Strength by 8. Limited Edition 2017-2018 Winter Gear.|
|Peppermint Hook" (Off Hand)||80||Increases STR by 8.||Perfect for climbing walls or distracting your foes with sweet, sweet candy. Increases Strength by 8. Limited Edition 2017-2018 Winter Gear.|
Grand Gala EquipmentEdit
|Year/Grand Gala/Item Set||Weapon||Off Hand||Armor||Head||Accessory|
Candied Apple Mace
Candied Apple Mace
Pumpkin Patch Robes
Sea Dragon Fins
Sea Dragon Fins
Sea Dragon Tail
Sea Dragon Helm
Sneaky Bunny Suit
Sneaky Bunny Helm
Red Bunny Ears
Black Widow Rogue
Black Widow Armor
Black Widow Helm
Canine Camo Suit
Good Doggy Mask
Green Dog Ears
Yellow Mouse Ears
Icicle Drake Armor
Icicle Drake Mask
Sleek Cat Suit
Stealthy Kitty Mask
Purple Cat Ears