The Warrior is a class that citizens of Habitica can select when they reach level 10. Additionally, all players begin the game as Warriors, though with limited abilities because mana for skills is not available until a class is chosen. After level 10, play style changes the least for players who choose the Warrior class.
Warriors deal high damage to bosses and have more (and more powerful) critical hits on tasks, while also having good defense against task-based damage. Warrior skills can deal extra damage to bosses, increase the warrior's own defense, and buff party members' strength and defense. They are powerful allies to have for dealing damage in boss battles.
- Warriors have high Strength, which causes them to have a much higher chance of dealing a critical hit and to receive greater benefits from each critical hit. This provides random rewards that some players may find especially motivating.
- Their high Strength also causes Warriors to deal a higher amount of damage to bosses, both normally and when dealing a critical hit. The skill Brutal Smash deals further damage to bosses when it is used on a non-challenge task. (Please note that as of 21 May 2016, Brutal Smash may not be used on challenge tasks.) Together, high base damage and high damage from skills allow Warriors to damage bosses very effectively. Assisted by a Warrior's high damage and critical hit chance, as well as the Warrior skill Brutal Smash, parties are able to complete boss quests much faster.
- When in a party, Warriors can buff (i.e., increase the attribute points of) the Strength and Constitution of their party members. This can help the party deal more damage, earn more critical hits, and take less damage from negative Habits and missed Dailies.
The Warrior's high Constitution aids in survival, while their high Strength increases experience, gold, and drop rewards in a balanced manner through improving the player's chance of dealing critical hits.
At level 10, you can choose to stay a Warrior by enabling the class system. You can also choose to allow Habitica to allocate attribute points automatically. If you do so, the game will then largely carry on as it had before classes were unlocked.
- Consult the Skills and Buff pages for more information on how skills and buffs work.
- All skills' effects are based on the caster's attributes at the time of casting, not on the attributes of other party members.
- Some skills are also affected by the value of the task they are cast on.
- Some skills adjust the value of the task they are cast on. They have no ongoing effect on the task.
- Skills never mark a task as complete. You do not have to complete a task before or after casting a skill on it. You can cast a skill on a complete or incomplete task.
- All skills that buff the party also buff the caster, unless stated otherwise.
- Buffs are applied immediately and persist until each party member's next Cron.
- Skills do not affect quests, unless stated otherwise.
- Consult the "Skills and Buffs" section in the User Data Display Tool to learn more about the precise effect each skill will have when you cast it.
EquipmentEditGathering all the Warrior Basic Gear gives players the Ultimate Gear - Warrior achievement. It costs 1205 gold to buy the whole set of basic Warrior gear.
The Grand Gala sets each cost 310 to 330 gold.
The tables below show the pieces of equipment that can be purchased through the Rewards column by players who do not already own them.
|1||Confers no benefit.||Practice weapon.||Starting gear.|
|Sword||20||Increases STR by 3.||Common soldier's blade.|
|Axe||30||Increases STR by 6.||Double-bitted battle-axe.||Requires Sword.|
|Morningstar||45||Increases STR by 9.||Heavy club with brutal spikes.||Requires Axe.|
|Sapphire Blade||65||Increases STR by 12.||Sword whose edge bites like the north wind.||Requires Morningstar.|
|Ruby Sword||90||Increases STR by 15.||Weapon whose forge-glow never fades.||Requires Sapphire Blade.|
|Golden Sword||120||Increases STR by 18.||Bane of creatures of darkness.||Requires Ruby Sword.|
|30||Increases CON by 3.||Jerkin of sturdy boiled hide.|
|Chain Mail||45||Increases CON by 5.||Armor of interlocked metal rings.||Requires Leather Armor.|
|Plate Mail||65||Increases CON by 7.||Suit of all-encasing steel, the pride of knights.||Requires Chain Mail.|
|Red Armor||90||Increases CON by 9.||Heavy plate glowing with defensive enchantments.||Requires Plate Mail.|
|Golden Armor||120||Increases CON by 11.||Looks ceremonial, but no known blade can pierce it.||Requires Red Armor.|
|15||Increases STR by 2.||Cap of sturdy boiled hide.|
|Chain Coif||25||Increases STR by 4.||Hood of interlocked metal rings.||Requires Leather Helm.|
|Plate Helm||40||Increases STR by 6.||Thick steel helmet, proof against any blow.||Requires Chain Coif.|
|Red Helm||60||Increases STR by 9.||Set with rubies for power, and glows when the wearer is angered.||Requires Plate Helm.|
|Golden Helm||80||Increases STR by 12.||Regal crown bound to shining armor.||Requires Red Helm.|
|20||Increases CON by 2.||Round shield of thick wood.|
|Buckler||35||Increases CON by 3.||Light and sturdy, quick to bring to the defense.||Requires Wooden Shield.|
|Reinforced Shield||50||Increases CON by 5.||Made of wood but bolstered with metal bands.||Requires Buckler.|
|Red Shield||70||Increases CON by 7.||Rebukes blows with a burst of flame.||Requires Reinforced Shield.|
|Golden Shield||90||Increases CON by 9.||Shining badge of the vanguard.||Requires Red Shield.|
Grand Gala EquipmentEdit
|Year/Grand Gala/Item Set||Weapon||Armor||Shield||Head||Accessory|
Blue Kitty Ears
Ice Hockey Warrior
Stick of Might
Ice Hockey Armor
Gnarled Bark Helm
Mouse Guard Helm
Red Mouse Ears
Snow Day Warrior
Jeweled Oceanic Helm
Purple Dog Ears
Monster of Science
Grabby Claw of Science
Labcoat of Science
Potent Potion of Science
Monster Scalp of Science
Green Bunny Ears